HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

My 2002 ford explorer was working perfectly. Its used, but

Customer Question

My 2002 ford explorer was working perfectly. Its used, but the transmission is new. 2 weeks ago I turned on the 4x4 and it never went off. Last Wednesday, the car was shifting, but never moved. It was saying "oil pressure high" and it was leaking something.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, so you are having an issue with the vehicle stuck in 4x high or the trans wont move out of 4x4 high and now no trans engagement at all? There is a message in the cluster saying the engine oil pressure has a fault?? What is leaking, engine oil,trans fluid,coolant? And what area is it leaking

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
right now I can change gears, but nothing will happen. It will stay still in 1,2,3,D,R. It is leaking trans fluid.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok depending on where the trans is leaking is the root of the repair, if the trans is low on fluid it will aerate and not be able to engage gears. The trans doesn't use a dipstick, it must be filled through the center plug in the trans pan drain plug. If its leaking from the bellhousing it can be an issue with a front pump seal in the trans which would require trans removal to repair.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?