EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

My expedition was broke into, and they twisted out the

Customer Question

my expedition was broke into , and they twisted out the ignition ,now it has active the theft system, is it true only the dealer can repair the problem
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. The dealer does have the scan tool to reprogram the keys that may need to be done. Also local locksmiths can program your keys as well. But I would have to imagine, the reason that the anti-theft light is blinking is because the transceiver (the piece that goes around the ignition cylinder with a connector on it) got damaged. Is that the case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the ignition is completely broken out
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

If you can replace the parts the ignition and anit-theft system may work as normal. Worst case, the keys need to be programmed again. And like I said, the dealer can program them, or a locksmith.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Thank you for viewing my last response. Let me know if you have any more questions and please rate the service I provided today. Thank you.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my last response on 11/29/2015 at 3:55:22 PM 6 day(s) ago. If you have more questions then please ask. If not, then rate the service I provided. Thank you.