EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Abs light and advance trac light came on same time but truck

Customer Question

Abs light and advance trac light came on same time but truck seems fine ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. If the ABS light has come on then a fault with the control module or ABS sensors has been detected. What I would suspect is you should check the front wheel bearings of the truck. It is common for those wheel bearings to go bad. When they do, the wheel gets loose and the ABS sensor can not read correctly. Is checking the front wheel bearings something that you can do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can. Would that also trigger " service advance trac light " because both the abs & the advance trac light came on at the same time
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Yes. both system are effected by an abs concern.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

To check the front wheel bearings jack the front of the truck up and shake the wheel up and down and check for play. Thank you.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Thank you for viewing my response on 11/30/2015 at 6:35:02 PM 5 day(s) ago. Let me know if you have more questions. And please rate the service I provided.