Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My 200 Sable is at the Ford dealer right now and they can't

Customer Question

My 200 Sable is at the Ford dealer right now and they can't figure out what is wrong. My mechanic gave up and told me to have it towed to Ford. The fuel injectors are flooding the engine and there are just a few codes that pop up. One was crank position sensor and one was mass air flow sensor. Neither helped. HELP!
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That should be 2000 Mercury Sable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to be clear. A crank position sensor and a mass flow sensor were both installed and the engine is still flooding with no codes.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

Do you recall the code numbers?

Was any diag done prior to replacing parts to see if either sensors were even to blame?

Was the fuel pressure checked?

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuel pressure was checked. A new fuel pump was installed about 6 months before this incident. My original mechanic said that the mass airflow sensor and cam position sensor were good but new ones were installed anyway and it still didn't correct the problem. I didn't get the code numbers from the mechanics but I will get them next time. The car is at the Ford dealership and has been there for 3 weeks with many hours of troubleshooting. It must be a wiring issue. Is there a service alert on this?

There are no recalls on this concern. I would need to know the codes stored to see if there are TSBs or SSMs for this concern. Your correct if these MAF and CKP sensors keep returning then its likely electrical or the computer. Fist you mentioned the CKP sensor then a bit ago you mentioned the CMP sensor. This engine is known for the cam sensor synchronizer failing. Do you know what the MAF sensor readings are as well as the O2 sensors, and fuel trims?