Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford f2
, 2001 f250 5.4l gas charge light on ,on dash

Customer Question

Customer: ford f2
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2001 f250 5.4l gas charge light on ,on dash alternator replaced no change in condition. yellow batt wire at backof alternator stays at battery voltage after starting
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Before you do anything else I need you to take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter and at the alternator with the engine running back probe the Black/orange wire as well as the yellow/white wire and the smaller green /red wire and tell me what the voltage readings are, all three should have battery voltage. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.