Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Went to put my f-250 into 4 wheel nothing happened checked

Customer Question

Went to put my f-250 into 4 wheel nothing happened checked fuse 35 found blown replace and lights came back on
I was able to get out of mud!!!
Went to get out of 4 wheel and light went out but still engaged. Fuse blew again and truck wouldn't shift past 3rd gear. Brought to dealer said pump bad 775.00
Then tell me hose was bad had to do a smoke test another 200. Think I got hosed what da you think
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Why did't they change the transfer case motor and the relay? This is what causes the*****to blow the fuse and stay locked in. Not the pump. The pump could have been from the transfer case staying locked in and creating back pressure from driving at highway speeds.

Do I think you got taken advantage of? Hard to say. I don't think they fixed it all though and that you could have an issue again later. Unless they are saying the pump they replaced is the vacuum pump for the hubs, which does make sense, but at that price, you got taken advantage of. Those vacuum pumps are way cheaper that $775. They are more like $95-100.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?