Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford Cobra Replica: Ironlike, engine is 87 block, 302 EFI

Customer Question

Hi Ironlike, engine is 87 block, 302 EFI FRPP Motorsport SVO manifold. Had engine suddenly rev like WOT under hard acceleration. 5 speed trans. No other engine mods. Any ideas?

Not due to throttle linkage sticking.

Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Idle speed is controlled by the IAC (idle air control valve) . Try disconnecting it and driving the car and see if the problem clears. If so then that could mean the IAC stuck open and if so before you replace it try taking some carb cleaner and give it a good cleaning. Try this and let me know if that works and if ne we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ron, Thanks for the quick response. Thats what I thought or problem with TPS. I'll pull codes. Thought I'd try this unique approach. Regards, Nick

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Even if you do not have any codes try disconnecting the IAC and leave it disconnected and see if the problem clears. I should still idle but will be on the low side.