Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

F-150 07 4x4 gh making clunking bumping sound when driving.

Customer Question

F-150 07 4x4 high making clunking bumping sound when driving. Feels like I'm going over bumps.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any suggestions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

Any concerns at all in 2wd?

Does this only happen when turning?

My thought is all 4 tires do not match size, brand, age, and tread depth or your driving on a surface that does not require 4x4 (to much traction)

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The road was covered in ice so I put it in 4x4 high for better traction. Everything is fine with 2wd. It doesn't just happen with turning.

So the road was 100% covered in ice, none of it was just wet or dry and all 4 tires are identical?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It wasnt 100% ice some was wet. All tires identical.

Since the ground you were on was not 100% slippery traction surface then the cause was the amount of throttle being used causing one or more tires to try and spin when the others could not from the traction they had. Using the 4x4 only when needed (when you can not move forward or reverse) and less throttle should resolve this noise and feeling.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris