Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a 2006 ford expedition and it wants to die out when

Customer Question

Customer: i have a 2006 ford expedition and it wants to die out when idling after warmed up. the codes are p0022, any ideas
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: engine has 125000 miles on it, the other codes are p0172 and p0175
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Does it make any noise? And can you run a compression test on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no noise just cant keep it running after it warms up. i wouldnt be able to do the compression test myself

Unfortunately with your symptoms it usually comes down to oil passages inside the engine being blocked off with sludge and engine replacement is the best option. There are kits to lock the cam phasers into position which works if no engine damage has been done yet but before you can really go any further you need to run a compression test.