Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Ron, Have a 2013 Ford F-150 6 cylinder that is making a gh

Customer Question

Hi Ron, Have a 2013 Ford F-150 6 cylinder that is making a high pitch noise (winding up sound like an older turbo) when driving. I can distinguish that it is not the engine. Can be heard from inside the cab but not while sitting in park & revving the engine. Couldn't see any loose belts or components. The transmission temp runs between 130-160'F. Under 33K miles. But no idea what this "winding up noise" is. It drives fine and shifting gears sounds & feels ok. It is an automatic. Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

If this is the 6 cylinder eco boost, it just might be the turbo. It is mounted on the bottom, rear of the engine. The turbo might have a loose hose on it. You won't hear it unless you have the engine under power, which is when the turbo builds boost.

Check those pipes and clamps to see if anything is loose.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.