Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2001 escape is stuck in park but the prindle says

Customer Question

Customer: My 2001 escape is stuck in park but the prindle says reverse. shifter will move . please help.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Brake lights work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

So the shifter travels the full range but the dash shows reverse no matter where you put it and physically it never moves from park on the transmission side?