Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2013 Ford F-150 6 cyl. has intermittent gh pitch whinding up

Customer Question

2013 Ford F-150 6 cyl. has intermittent high pitch whinding up noise that is not coming from the engine. Can tell this intermittent noise is separate from engine revving or increasing as shifting from 1-6 auto transmission. Does not make this noise while in park. Only when driving. Any ideas
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

When driving and this is occurring, can it be heard in the cab or under the hood?

Does messing with the climate control have any bearing on the system?

Is the vehicle 4x4?

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to complete the required rating when ready so I am compensated by the website from the site and question fees you have already been charged. If your not able to rate my response, let me know why, so I can help more, and stay in contact with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris,
Can be heard from inside the cab while driving. From the drivers seat the sound comes from the right side of the engine area or directly in front of the passenger side engine hood area. The noise exist intermittently with and without the AC or heater being engaged (turned on or off). The truck is a standard regular truck, no 4x4 attributes.

Make sure and drive with the climate control off to verify it still occurs so we can 100% rule that out.

See if its related to one gear or shift, which may indicate a solenoid issue in the valve body.

Try driving in a parking lot using alot of steering to see if its the pump making the noise.