Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

Whats wrong with antilock brakes when the light comes on but

Customer Question

whats wrong with antilock brakes when the light comes on but resets after the engine is turnoff and restarts ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

90 % of the time when this happens one of the ABS wheel speed sensors is sending a bad or wrong signal to the ABS computer and it will trigger the light

as for which wheel it is can only be found out by having the ABS codes read as the code will say which wheel the issue is in

once you know that then a visual inspection of the sensor wiring at the wheel is done next and if the wiring looks good and the connection looks good and clean and tight at that particular wheel and there is NO up and down play in that wheel hub usually replacing the ABS sensor for that wheel usually corrects this issue

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that's not as bad as i thought, but being it Thanksgiving I can't check it out today but as soon as i do i will respond Happy Thanksgiving, thanks for piece of mind too !
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

anytime

you can always get me back through this post for FREE anytime with any follow up even after you rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here