Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist
Experience:  25 Years Experience Automotive Technology.
62741268

I have a 2012 focus the a/c will not come on heater dose not

Customer Question

i have a 2012 focus the a/c will not come on heater dose not work airbag and traction lights on if they go out the a/c will work
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, first I need to know if yours has manual or automatic climate controls and second, I need the VIN number in order to pull any needed schematics.

Without looking at the schematics, it sounds like a possible smart junction box control module failure or a short in the wiring harness, but I need to review the schematics once you post the vin number and whether manual or automatic climate controls.

I also need to know what you have in the way of testing - digital volt/ohm meter, full function scan tool, test light, etc, as well as your comfort level in tracing electrical issues and reading wiring diagrams

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1fahp3f2xcl186387 it has manual a/c
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, I have looked over the schematics and just not seeing a correlation. I am going to open this up to other experts to see what they thing.

Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

One common symptom is for the A/C to stop working, along with an ABS light being on. The problem is usually the ignition switch heating up and not providing power to the A/C clutch and the ABS computer at the same time.

Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.

Thank you very much!