Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My cluster instrument panel cluster is not working can you

Customer Question

my cluster instrument panel cluster is not working can you tell me what fields might be the my instrument panel cluster went out and its not working the gauges the fuel gauge the boat gauge and oil gauge in the speedometer all of a woman went out to get out of all at once can you tell me what fuse is connected to the
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

1. Check fuse 13 (15 amp) of the Central Junction Box (CJB) for a blown, missing, or poorly connected fuse.

2. If fuse 13 is good and it shows to have power with the ignition switch in the RUN position, pull the cluster and perform power and ground testing of the cluster connection.

3. Verify the Red/Yellow (RD/YE) wire at pin 3 of the C251 connector shows battery power from fuse 13.

4. Check the Pink/Orange (PK/OG) wires at pins 2 and 14 of the cluster connector are good grounds. Also check the Black (BK) wire at pin 6 of the C251 connector and the BK wire at pin 14 of the C250 connector to verify they are good grounds.

5. If power and ground testing does indicate the cause of the issue and the cluster connectors are making good terminal mating contact, replace the cluster.

Most likely it's a bad cluster. Bot***** *****ne. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the clusters on the police interceptor just go out. There are a number of companies that offer cluster replacement if you send them your cluster. They re solder the board and replace some diodes and send it back. I have a fleet of police cars (about 500) and when the cluster stops working it means it needs a replacement. You can remove the cluster fairly easily. We usually buy them directly from the Ford dealer and have them program the mileage in before they send them to us. They cost about $400.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Please don't forget to rate. They don't pay us if we don't get a positive rating.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need additional information. I would love to help if you still need assistance.

Don't forget to rate. We don't get paid if we don't get a positive rating.

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Also, don't forget to rate. They don't pay us if we don't get a positive rating.