Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 1996 Ford E150 conversion 5.8L V8 with a front

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Ford E150 conversion 5.8L V8 with a front blower that does not work. I have jumped the fan direct to power, and it runs fine. There is power to the connector at the fan, yet the switch does not turn it on.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** blower motor gets power from blower relay and ground from blower switch. If no ground that would mean wiring between blower and switch is bad or the switch has failed. Access switch and verify black wire has good ground. If so, plug in switch, backprobe connectors to check orange/black wire for ground with switch on high. If no ground on orange/black wire replace switch. If it does have ground that means wiring is damaged. Here is a wire diagram to help with testing, let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgqfqx6r3fa0h3z/air-conditioning-manual-a-c-circuit-1-of-1.pdf?dl=0

-