Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

I have a 2000 ford F-150 with a 4.6 engine. It has a miss at

Customer Question

I have a 2000 ford F-150 with a 4.6 engine. It has a miss at idle. I have replaced plugs, boots and coil, however it still shows a mis-fire on the number 7. It does not appear to miss going doen the road. Any suggestion?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

With the engine running at idle, spray some carb cleaner along the intake manifold to check for a vacuum leak. If the idle smooths out or increases in speed, then you have a leak in the intake.

If that doesn't show a problem, the I would swap the fuel injector with the one next to it. If the misfire moves with the injector, then you know the injector is the problem. If it doesn't move, at that point I would do a compression test to see where that cylinder is with the others.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?