Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My Van will start perfectly 9 out of 10 times, then it will

Customer Question

My Van will start perfectly 9 out of 10 times, then it will just turn over and nothing...I can go back in a couple of hours and will start fine...this an on going problem...
Category: Ford
Expert:  sarmiento22556 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try to help you with your concern . Please note that I am not standing in front of your vehicle. My diagnosis is a educated guess at best using all the information you provide. Leaving out import things you have tried, experienced or recent work performed only makes my job harder.

sounds like your starter is the issue. basically the starter is a electric motor that drive the engine to turn over. if there is a bad spot in the armature of the motor it will not engage. That's what you are experiencing. whenever the starter motor turns and rests on the bad spot the starter will not start.

you will need to check for voltage at the starter when the problem is occurring. If you don't know how to do that that take it to a shop and have them check it for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We replaced the starter already its not that

ok I see where it says it turns over but does not start.

There are two other possibilities:

intermittent loss of fuel pressure. the fuel pump may be losing pressure intermittently and causing your no start condition.

only way to check is have a fuel pressure tester installed and observe the reading when th problem is occurring.

another possibility is a spark related issue. but considering the symptoms you are experiencing I doubt it's a spark issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not satisfied with your answers and have already thought of all these things so I want a refund please this is not what I figured it was. thank you for your time..

ok sorry you are not satisfied with my answers. You did state in your original post that you had a limited knowledge. I don't know you so what you know is a mystery to me.

I hope you find a solution to your concern. I will contact customer service for your refund.