Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

What is the problem with a Ford V-10 that stalls and dies

Customer Question

What is the problem with a Ford V-10 that stalls and dies when you come to a stop. It has not been run in about one year.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

It can be a number of things unfortunately. Check the fuel pressure to make sure you didn't have any sediment in the tank get caught into the fuel filter. You could also have a bad fuel pump and if you do, you will notice some power loss when accelerating or hesitation.

You could have a bad idle air control valve. Since you haven't ran the vehicle in a year, this could be it, especially if you can't idle the truck.

You can have a vacuum leak at the top of the engine under the throttle body. That hose gets dry rotted or a animal could have made shelter in there and caused an issue with that hose.

It could be PCV valve plugged up due to sitting.

It could be air filter plugged up from sitting due to moisture build up and leaves.

This list can go on and on... These are some first things I would check.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

You viewed this with no response. Did you still need assistance?