EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

My 2012 ford focus will occasionally start to shudder and

Customer Question

My 2012 ford focus will occasionally start to shudder and lose power to the point where it will not run. All sorts of lights appear on the dash when this happens.This happens when the car is just being started or when it is in a idle mode like waiting for a light to turn green. If I wait a few minutes, I will be able to start the car and it will run normally again with no problem lights illuminated on the dash. Also, I do not know if it is related, but the gas millage has gone way down ever since the car has been acting up. The car has been on a computer, but the mechanics can not get the car to duplicate the problem. Any word of wisdom???
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. If there were warning lights on the dash then a code or codes, should have been stored in the computer. The mechanic should have retrieved these, even if he was not able to verify the concern. Do you know if they checked for codes, and what the codes happened to be?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PooC6 and Poo87- And something like "Fuel Rail System Pressure Too Low"
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

The p0087 does indicate that there is a fuel delivery problem. Specifically being too low. There is not anything common on the Focus for low fuel pressure. You could possibly have a fuel pump that is going bad. Or even a problem with the wiring to the fuel pump.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Thank you for viewing my last response. Have you made progress with checking your fuel system? Do you have any more questions? If not then please rate my service and have a great day. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am happy with the answer but I am not happy with the process.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I am sorry that you do not like the process. Unfortunately there is not always an expert online for your specific category. I would like to help you until you are satisfied so I can earn a positive rating from you. Are there any other questions you have?