Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

What be my problem with a no start 1988 ford250 with a 460 I

Customer Question

What be my problem with a no start 1988 ford250 with a 460 I have a new high pressure pump inline tank is working I fuel to shrwder valve which I am assuming I have enough pressure I put a new ignition coil and have spark what would be left
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

If you are sure you have proper fuel pressure at the service port (32 to 45 PSI) and good spark at the spark plugs then have you checked to see if you have injector pulse at the injectors?

Have you doubled checked the fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havent checked the pressure I assumed with shrawder valve pushing fuel it would be enough pressure.I'll check I am not sure I'll be able to check the injectors I don't have the little plug in that shows positive or nagetive for condennewity
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have good spark new ignition coil and tested for spark
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

There are two pumps in the system as I'm sure you know, the lift pump in the tank and the pressure pump on the frame rail and if the lift pump has failed the pressure pump will push fuel out of the valve but it will not be enough so lets double check the actual pressure. You can also check the injector with a standard 12 volt test light, place the test on on the power wire at any one of the injectors and the ground end on the other wire in the connector and crank the engine over. If you have pulse the light should flash while cranking the engine over. If you have good spark then it has to be either a fuel pressure concern and or a lack of pulse. Check these for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My first time so not sure how this works do I have a time period I single dad it might be 45 to a hr
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You have a long as you need, the question remains open even after you rate my service for as long as you need me. All you need to do is post back when you ready and we can work from there. I'm here all day as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ron I am going out to do this now .I have pressure tester might be abit longer to make sure I am doing the injection test right
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay let me know the results and we can work from there.