Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have tried repetedly to disarm the autolocks on my 2006

Customer Question

I have tried repetedly to disarm the autolocks on my 2006 Freestar minivan. I accessed and used the one where you turn on ignition (not running) pressed unlock button 3x, turned off the ignition key and pressed 3x again, Turned on ignition pressed 1x get horn. when I start to driveoff the locks still operate. whats up?
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

If you have the keyless entry key pad, can you deactivate it by the keypad procedure on page 106 of the owners manual?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is not what I asked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do not have a keyless entry pad.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the VIN #? I want to do some digging through Fords website which is VIN# *****

Also, I cannot see your vehicle. Some Freestars came with keyless enter key pads and some did not.That is why I stated if you have keyless entry. Sometimes, if you cannot deactivate with the door lock switches and the keys, then try the keypad, but yours does not have one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. I have thought about trying with my key fob remote for lock/unlock in the proceedure.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I have been out of town with my family for the holiday.

Can you give me the VIN#?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave it the ol college try and got it disabled
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.