Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Moose I seem to have the same problem as your customer 2

Customer Question

Hi moose good day. I seem to have the same problem as your customer 2 years ago. The one that you recommended to open splice 139 and disconnect the pcm, abs and servo speed on a ford escape. I can't seem the diagrams. What can I do to get them? Thank you. Luas
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is a picture of splice 139, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8c07u986kh6qgcc/s139.pdf?dl=0

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't get me wrong Dan, But I really didn't want to explain the whole problem as there is another mechanic that has solved the problem. it is not an easy one. I thought I could reply or some how link my question to that problem. This site is a bit useless for that and it is NOT good because that means a WASTE of a lot of time. not just yours but mine too.
Is there way for you to read a previous problem or make reference to it.
The problem is fuse #6 is blowing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
becuase my question was in reference to that problem and to that mechanic, my 1st question does not tell you anything at all. It is a ford escape limited 2005.
I have disconnected the servo so far and it is still blowing
I have replaced the solenoid in the gear shift and it is still blowing
I have disconnected the 3rd stop light and it is still blowing
I don't really know where is the connector for the abs module
and of course only when I am going to test I will disconnect the pcm
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Fuse 6 on interior or under hood? Does it blow right away?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the interior, no it does not blow right away, it blows after 3 min or so. I can put another one and don't press anything and see how long it will take.
Also, the interior courtesy lights are not coming on when opening the doors, just in case as additional info.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

There is a light green/red wire that goes from fuse box to brake pedal position switch, this wire does not go anywhere else. So either wire is shorting out, brake pedal switch is shorting, or fuse box has internally shorted. I'd start by unplugging brake position switch to see if problem stops, if not run an new wire between switch and fuse box, if that doesnt help replace the fuse box. Here is a wire diagram, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t82w1ed89j07kb/fuse6.html?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan unfortunately the link you send is not good as it is an html link.
I hope it is going to be that simple.
The switch is good and if the wire is so short and does not go anywhere else, then why the cruise control doesn't work when that fuse blows?
I can just easily test to ground the wire. if it is that short too, I should be able to see if it is damaged right?thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If problem is intermittent testing the wire may be hard to do. Here is wiring diagram to help with testing, let me know how it goes. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mxp2q3f1eg8cob/fuse6.pdf?dl=0

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dan, so this is what I did so far. I put a new fuse and without touching anything after about 3 min. it blew.
Next I decided to unplug the break pedal sw. The sw works fine and I suspect the problem is from the returning wire from the pedal sw to the module. See my picture. Can you please send again the drawing and if you have pictures would be much nicer.
thank you Dan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I have to remove the tire and the covers under the fender to access the splice s139?
Thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

That is correct, then open up wire loom to find splice. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan good evening. Are you planning in answering my questions from the picture please?
Thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

ABS Module is located on hydraulic brake assembly, here is a picture of its location. Let me know if you have more questions, you can reply at any time even after leaving a rating without additional fees. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z85phctp8eqyuv9/absm.pdf?dl=0

-