Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

How do I replace front wheel cylinder on my 1957 ford.? I'm

Customer Question

How do I replace front wheel cylinder on my 1957 ford.? I'm down to the large (1 3/16in) nut. Seems ta be brass
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Custom 300
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

back in the day ,we never replaced the wheel cylinder, we honed it and rebuilt it ,to avoid having to deal with the brass nut, the metal is very soft and most everything you attempt to use on it, will strip it, if it is absolutely necessary to replace it ,excessive pitting , etc, use a propane torch to lightly heat the nut a little at a time, this will will melt the red locktite used from the factory to keep the nut from backing off on its own, then carefully use tools to loosen it, beware in most cases it will have to be cut off, after it gets stripped.Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, Please ask me another question,i will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.