Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1985 f150 320 fuel injected when going up ll the

Customer Question

Hi Steve, I have a 1985 f150 320 fuel injected when going up hill the truck loses power and starts jerking and making a crackling sound have replaced distributor, ecm, computor, intake manifold gaskets,coil, plug wires. The truck runs great all the time except when you go up an incline then it makes crackling sound loses power and starts jerking. I have spent alot with two different shops they can't get it right and i'm tired of throwing parts at. Have you hered of this berfore and can you help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

if the problem only occurs going up hills then i'd say the issue is with the fuel pickup on the in tank pump

1st try loosening the fuel filler cap to see if this helps, as there's a 1 way valve built into the cap which is there to prevent a vacuum builidng up inside the tank