HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a small fleet of P71 Crown Vics that I used fastener

Customer Question

I have a small fleet of P71 Crown Vics that I used for my fastener business to make deliveries. One of the Crown Vics is a 1998, Had a genuine Ford heater core installed in it by a Ford Tech on the side. It started leaking after 30 days. I have read on the internet that the Ford Heater Cores for these vehicles is not very good quality. Im sure Ford wants to get rid of selling parts for these vehicles as soon as possible, but my situation sucks. I am thinking of tackling this project myself. I have seen on YouTube how much work this is. I was told by the Ford Tech that it can be done in 2 hours if you have the right tools and have experience doing it. Do you guys have detailed instructions that are accurate that I can purchase somehow?? So far we have put 2 cans of bars leak in the system, but obviously that is not the solution.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you mentioned watching the proceedure in a video on youtube. Im not sure what more specific information you need but I can tell you that repeat heater core failure is usually used by electrolysis on the cooling system due to the cooling system being in bad shape and conducting voltage. this causes the coolant to burn a hole in the heater core. so if you dont correct the voltage in cooling system issue you will continue to have to remove the dashboard assembly and heater/ac box to replace the heater core