HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have the same problem...99 f250 v10..no spark..no ac volts

Customer Question

hi tim, I have the same problem...99 f250 v10..no spark..no ac volts from cam sensor..truck was starting fine on starting fluid do to a bad fuel pump...now wont start...no spark...new cam sensor and new crankshaft sensor..new fuel pump..help
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, does the check engine light come on when the key is turned to on? Do you have access to a scan tool to check for codes? Did you fix the fuel pump or is it still bad?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
data port unable to connect ...so no codes..dataport has power...fuel pump is new and I can hear it going
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok so you cant pull diagnostic trouble codes, have you tried a different scan tool? Do you have injector pulse? The cam sensor is for timing the crank sensor provides the rpm signal

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
haven't chked for pulse yet..will do it tomorrow am....wont start with starting fluid though
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Right because you dont have spark, so it wont fire, need to know if you have no rpm signal,not sure if your model year will do this but when you turn the key on the check engine light will come on. when you crank it and you have an rpm signal the check engine light should go out when cranking

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
chk engine light goes out...rpm gauge not moving..when engine is cranking
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok you should have an rpm signal then.verify if you have injector pulse and spark and im assuming you fixed the fuel pump issue and have fuel pressure at the fuel rail. the rpm gauge wont work until the engine runs

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuel pump working have pressure ...will chk injector pulse in the morning..no spark with I pulled a coil ..inserted a spark plug and grounded the plug no spark
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok let me know what you find and we will go from there. Verify you have power at a coil and fuel injector and a flashing ground signal for both the coil and injector. This can be tested with a noid lamp or test lamp

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
coil has power...tested with a test lamp..with check voltage in the am....maf sensor red wire only has 8 volts going to it also...
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

it should have battery voltage and you check for a pulsing ground by hooking the test lamp up to the positive battery terminal.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Was some sort of major repair done and now you have this problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no major work...fuel pump went weak then out...replaced and no start, no spark...only thing was a hard jerk when loading on the trailer hauling it home...started fine with starting fluid right before loading.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok tests the circuits and verify you have battery voltage at the injector, coil and maf sensor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok ..will follow your instructions and contact you with results tomorrow...thks
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

No problem, hit me up when you have more info. it will prompt me when you reply.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have voltage at the coil and voltage at the injectors...been out on runs past few weeks..still no start
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, i cant see the other comments to this post other than your last one.Besides having power to the coils and injectors you need to have a pulsing ground to fire the injectors and coils which comes from the pcm long as it is getting an rpm signal