Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  35 years ASE Master Tech, Diagnostic , Electrical Specialist
13677702

I was driving home a few minutes ago, and suddenly my aulic

Customer Question

I was driving home a few minutes ago, and suddenly my hidraulic steering wheel of my Ford Fusion stopped working. The battery warning light turned on.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, engine size? are you saying steering turned hard? does engine continue to run?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the engine continued to run. The steering turned hard. Engine size I do not know.
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

ok understood, first thought and likely? the charging system has failed or is failing. The battery light means lack of charging from alternator and.. power steering failed? the on;ly thing in common to both is a broken engine belt or one that is slipping menaing alternator and power steering pump on same belt, soo, you need to run engine and watch belt close to be sure it is not slipping or broken, The belt at front of engine