Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2002 Taurus SE wont start. Has spark, battery is good turns

Customer Question

2002 Taurus SE wont start. Has spark, battery is good turns over but wont fire. Since we took vehicle to a dealer ship to replace the gas cap they have had it back 2 times even replaced a computer part. The car only has 63,000 original miles.
thanks Bryan
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello is this an intermittent concern? What engine does it have the 24 valve dual over head cam v6 or 12 valve v6? The dealer didnt find a problem with it cranking and not starting at times? No issues with the theft lamp flashing fast when turning the key to on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure it is a V6 but we bought it used and there was no book with it. In the previous work no mention of light flashing just tried it again an no flashing light.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears to be the basic 3.0 12 valve and if it helps the vin # ***** *****
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Yes it is the 3.0 12 valve V6 engine, so is this an intermittent problem ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it was in shop 3 weeks ago and now it wont start so I Guess we will have to tow it. I was thinking maybe it was something I could do to fix it and/or at least getn it to run to drive it in. Sure not like my old 62 chevy II was.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

I understand.So it will crank and not start now. Do you have fuel pressure at the fuel rail? is the inertia switch tripped and not sending power to the fuel pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct but will check on the fuel. I will do that in the morning, I have a headache so I am going to head to bed its been a long day. Thank you eve so much for the help.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

No problem just get back to me when you can. Im on california time so I might be a couple hours behind you in the morning