Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My 04 f150 with the 5.4l is throwing a code p2006 bank 1a

Customer Question

My 04 f150 with the 5.4l is throwing a code p2006 bank 1a stuck open had the actuator change did not help also while driving at speeds under 40 tachometer fluxes rapidly please help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Since the tach is bouncing also I would check the ground at G103. This would cause the actuator code to persist even with a good actuator and it would also cause the Tach to bounce. Check it for corrosion or damage.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

You should also check the connector to make sure you are getting the proper grounds and voltage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mechanic I brought it to said there might be a sensor throwing the code is this true
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ground seems good not loose
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

When that code won't go away it is more commonly a wiring issue than anything else. The trouble is that some of the wiring is underneath the intake manifold and that's usually where it rubs through and shorts.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate. We don't get paid if we don't get a positive rating.

Let me know if you need additional information.