HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a 2000 model f 350 and the (ABS) light came on and

Customer Question

I have a 2000 model f 350 and the (ABS) light came on and the brakes work fine, the fluid is full. what could cause this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

hello, it is most likely an issue with one of the wheel speed sensors or an issue with the abs control module. Most common problem is with the rear speed sensor in the differential. but to be sure why the light is on a diagnostic check for codes of the abs system would need to be done to verify what area of the abs system is malfunctioning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this a major problem, and can I fix this without going to the ford house
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

No if its just a rear speed sensor you can change it out in about 10 minutes, one bolt and a two wire electrical connector, but you need to have the abs system scanned for codes, this can be done at a local auto shop. just to make sure it isnt an issue with a front wheel speed sensor or issue with the abs control module

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

No problem, if I was helpful please hit accept and leave a positive rating so I get credit for assisting you, if you need more help just let me know