Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

2008 E 250 replaced radio, power wire t another wire now I

Customer Question

2008 E 250 replaced radio , power wire hit another wire now I have no power windows,no dome light,no radio and van will crank but won't run
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

1. Access the underdash fuse box and check fuse 22 for power.

2. If this fuse does not have power, continue to 3.

3. Check fuse 10 in the same box. If this fuse has power, but fuse 22 does not, suspect a damaged fuse box (not the most likely cause).

4. If fuse 10 is also dead on power, access the underhood fuse box and check fuse 22. Replace the fuse as needed.

5. If fuse 22 in the underhood fuse box is good, but there is not power to fuse 22 or 10 in the under dash fuse box, there is an open circuit between the two fuse boxes. Check for a problem at connector 237 before further harness inspection.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

connectors

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All fuses are good, also replaced the instrument cluster, you can put power on the radio power wire and it will start and run but the power windows won't work
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

The cluster and the fuses are the most common cause of the symptoms you describe. Let me see if I can look over a wiring diagram and see if anything else to check jumps out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anything else ?
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry for some reason the question dropped off of my list.

No, I haven't been able to find anything. We only have a couple of these vans in my fleet and we haven't seen any of them for this problem so aside from those fuses, none of my technicians had any ideas either.

Do you have a scan tool to check for data? If the cluster fried (one place where all of these circuits pass through) then you should see a B2477 trouble code stored in the computer.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I'm almost certain the problem is in the instrument cluster.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate. We don't get paid if we don't get a positive rating.

Let me know if you need additional information.