Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2003 Ford explore o d light flashing showing a code

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ford explore o d light flashing showing a code po775. How do I get it to go off
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

We need to do some diag to resolve this, is that what your looking for are you just wanting to reset the system and hope the code and OD light flashing go away?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type. The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

2) You have already been charged the full question value. Rating, good, bad, or not at all has no bearing on what you've paid.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation. If you can not rate me, please let me know why.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Takes a long time for it to shift between 1st and 2nd gear.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thanks for the update. We need to do some diag to resolve this, is that what your looking for are you just wanting to reset the system and hope the code and OD light flashing go away? I need to know your skill level so to know how to tell you to adjust the bands.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dropped in a new engine 3500 dollars now the over drive light is flashing had transmissions fluid flushed and new filter and fluid installed now the code p.o. 775 is showing up says it's a sellenoid b pressure selinoid what's the chances this will fix the problem if I replace this solenoid and where is it located please help just blew 3500 bucks on a new engine can't really afford a new tranny to any way to fix it just long enough to get rid of it

Thanks for letting me know your skill level. The solenoids are in a pack all together. Its about a 400$ part. You must remove the transmission pan to access the solenoid pack. Do you know how to refill a transmission without a dispstick? This code and this symptom is most often the overdrive servo binding in the case causing the band to not apply fast enough causing the 1-2 shift delay. There are alot of Ford files on this and the repair procedure. I can upload those to you through private contact since its not public information if you would like.

Do you need more assistance on this concern?