Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My name is bill Kautter I have a motorhome class C with Ford

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****
I have a motorhome class C with Ford 350 E. super duty engine and chassis.
I have a no crank no click ignition problem the battery will not turn over to where I need to look at one of the fuses in the power box in the engine area
thank you
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Can you explain this part better " I look at the fuses in the power box especially the one marked for a special solenoid"

In one comment you said it will now turn over, then you said you have a no crank no click ignition problem?

When you turn the key to start, will the engine spin (crank)?

What liter engine?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type. The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

2) You have already been charged the full question value. Rating, good, bad, or not at all has no bearing on what you've paid.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation. If you can not rate me, please let me know why.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine will not crank
I am not sure of the leader think it is a 6.8
it is an E3 50 series for a motorhome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could there be of use in the fuse box in the engine compartment that is broken not sure how I can determine which fuse it is why is there no power going to the battery to start the engine

Thanks, ***** ***** do some electrical testing with my help using a volt meter or test light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Know my motorhome is not here at my house is at a storage facility
AAA came to look as the battery gets asked and felt that the starting power was sufficient to crank the battery but it does not crank over and it does not click
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In addition I tried the emergency start button on the dashboard and it did nothing to help start the engine if you need more information I won't be able to provided since the vehicle is not here so sounds like maybe you really can't help me tonight I do thank you for trying though

I can help you diagnose what is wrong and how to fix it. Though you need the vehicle and to be able to test. If anyone were to say with this info to replace X or Y, that would just be a guess and cost you time and money.

When you are able to work on it, just let me know.