Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

How gh should the inertia switch be to be in the open

Customer Question

how high should the inertia switch be to be in the open position? I've tried resetting it but there is very little movement and I can not really see the actual switch. It is always below the red outer rim however. (2004 F 150)
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

If you are pressing the button then your actually setting the switch which means it closed, if you want to cause it to open then you are going to have either remove it from its mounting and turn it up side down or simply unplug it. You can gain access to it be removing the kick panel.
See the removal steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Inertia%20switch%20Nov%2018.pdf