James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

My hpop gasket was leaking, so i went in to replace it.

Customer Question

My hpop gasket was leaking, so i went in to replace it. while doing so i also serviced the hpop by replacing all the o-ring gaskets. Put it all back together and now it turns over really fast an has alot of white smoke coming out of the oil fill cover and dipstick tube
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, was the vehicle running before hand?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vehicle did run. Everything was fine until I messed with the hpop. When I say its turning over fast I mean it sounds like a gas engine, not the slow turnover a diesel is suppose to sound like.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

How long have you tried to start it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried starting it quite a bit. I was afraid i was going to fry the starter. I finally had to disconnect the glow plug relay and it fired up
I've also replaced the ICR and the ICP
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

That is odd unplugging the glow plug relay would allow it to start. I think that is just coincidence. You want to drive the vehicle for about 20 minutes to eliminate all air out of the system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Drive it or let it idle?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Driving the vehicle helps a lot better then just letting the vehicle idle.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.