Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Have a F350 V10 2005 No mileage shows, blinking tow and

Customer Question

Have a F350 V10 2005 No mileage shows, blinking tow and check engine light on. Speed odomer does not work.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

The flashing tow/haul light is most likely because the PCM does not know the vehicle speed, so it does not know how to control the shifts.

The solid on CEL light is most likely a 0500 VSS vehicle speed sensor code.

On this vehicle the speed signal comes from the ABS module. Do you have a scan tool to monitor it to see if its registering a speed signal? As well to see if there are unrelated codes, which can indicate electrical interference effecting the speed signal?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type. The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

2) You have already been charged the full question value. Rating, good, bad, or not at all has no bearing on what you've paid.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation. If you can not rate me, please let me know why.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.