gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

How much will this cost? Does it cost me more the longer it

Customer Question

How much will this cost? Does it cost me more the longer it takes to fix it?
"The seat will move up and down, not front and back. There is a clicking at the motor when I hit the switch, and occasionally, it will go forward and back. It is getting power to the motor and is working intermittently.
VeriSign Secured
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, the pedals do not move in their full range of motion when I press the switch on the dash, but they move about 3/4 of an inch each time.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

It's pretty likely that you have corrosion that is binding the screw that the motor works on, if the seat is not at it's full travel stop. If it has reached it's full travel stop forward or back, sometimes it will go too far and get stuck there. Either way, you are best off replacing the seat base, because either condition indicates wear that will cause it to happen again.