HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I just installed a 7.5l in a 95' f350. the engine seems to

Customer Question

I just installed a 7.5l in a 95' f350. the engine seems to run good but has a slight miss and when it is reved up slightly I hear a tick/knock and it seems to miss more.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

hello, is this a new or used engine you installed? is the tick noise coming from the top end of the engine like a lifter or possible spark plug wire breaking up? Did you replace the ignition wires and do a tune up with the replacement engine? original ignition coil?is the check enginelight on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a reman engine. the tick is coming from the top, and when it misses it ticks, it also had a deeper noise sort of like a knock but not as bad. all wires plugs distributor are new. coil is not new but worked just fine on the other engine. no CEL either
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok so it sounds like you might have a lifter noise, need to isolate the noise to see if it is a lifter or rocker arm issue since its a reman engine, either can cause a slight miss if the valvetrain isnt opening and closing properly as it should. You can remove the valve cover from the side that is making noise and run the engine which is little messy to inspect the valvetrain and isolate the noise

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?