EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Im working on a 03 ford exployer and the pass front window

Customer Question

im working on a 03 ford exployer and the pass front window doesnt work already changed motor and master switch and pass switch does this truck have a module for this truck
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. There is not a module for the power windows. Power comes from the master window switch to the passenger side. You may want to check for power at the passenger side switch. Commonly on the Explorer a wire breaks in the drivers door to body harness.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what color wire should be hot at the pass switch and do u have a wiring schematic

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

There should be power on the Tan/Light Blue and White/Yellow should have 12 volts on them.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I can get you a PDF file of the power windows wiring diagram. But there is a small fee through Just Answer to send the information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there is no current on either wire at one time yesterday i had current to the pass switch now i dont im thinking wire short if i jump the motor and wind the window down it will roll up by the switch but not down

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

That indicates that there probably is one wire that is broken. And possibly another wire has a bad connection.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Have you made progress with your windows? Please let me know if you need more help and please rate my service. Thanks.