A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

My son locked our keys in the car. ..a 2010 ford flex but I

Customer Question

My son locked our keys in the car. ..a 2010 ford flex but I don't know the key code...is there a factory default code I can try?
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Ford does not have a default keyless entry code for the keyless entry keypad. They also do not store the actual keyless entry code in their system. It is only stored on the card in the owners manual that is delivered with the vehicle. It can be retrieved from the security module in the vehicle with a scan tool, but the vehicle must be unlocked so the scan tool can be connected under the dash.

I know you may not like this answer, but we get this question almost twice a week and we have to give the same answer. I am sorry if you do not like the answer, but it is the only one we have for this. The service manager at your local dealership has security access for the actual metal key for the door locks that only they can access once you prove you own the vehicle, as they have to go on line with Ford and access the key code. Then you can get a Valet key made to unlock the doors manually with a key.

But again, I apologize if you do not like this answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay....I figured that may be the case. ..I'll have to call a lock smith. Thanks
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.

If you have AAA, they will unlock your vehicle at no charge.