Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2000 f350 7 3..missing bolts that bolt the transfer case to

Customer Question

2000 f350 7 3..missing bolts that bolt the transfer case to the tranny!have nothing to go off of!need to know what size of bolts they are?please help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Ford does not specify bolt sizes for any year or model. I am pretty sure the bolt threads are the same as the ones that hold the transmission to the engine, so check that. If its correct then you just need a fully threaded bolt. The threaded shank portion is about 1.5 inches long. The bolts are metric course thread. I can try to find you the Ford part number if needed and I can tell you how to measure bolt threads and pitch if you have a digital caliper that has a metric scale.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got a heck of a clunk when I put it in drive not noticed in reverse jus drive!slid under there to check the carrier bearing realized the bolts were missing put new ones in and still the clunk what more could it be?also has a 6 inch lift might help

Can you set the parking brake, scotch the wheels and lay under the truck while another changes the gears so you can look for things moving excessive like the U-joints, axle, transmission, transfer case, engine, and exhaust. Based on the noise, feeling and lift the rear driveshaft is where I would look first.