A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

2006 ford escape keeps honking randomly

Customer Question

2006 ford escape keeps honking randomly
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also the door ajar indicator randomly is on even after all doors have been opened and re-closed. I think it may be related.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also think I may have asked this question before. Can you check?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

The problem is caused by a bad door ajar switch, and you 2006 Escape has 6 switches. One for each door and 2 for the rear hatch. Any one of them can cause this problem. You can try a fix and see if it takes care of the problem. It is a 50% chance it will. Spray penetrating oil into each latch like WD-40 or P-B Blaster and then open and closed each door about 20 times. But if that does not fix it, you will need a scan tool that can monitor each door latch and close al the doors and see which latch is causing the problem. The switches are part of each latch and to replace the door ajar switch, you will have to replace the latch.