camerontech
camerontech, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

I have a 2003 Taurus. It is blowing cool when the heat is

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Taurus. It is blowing cool when the heat is on. I have replaced the thermostat twice and I watch the arm on the blending door move when i switch from heat to cool. What else could it be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

My name is ***** ***** I am a licenced diagnostic technician with over 20 years experience.

I will do my best to help you with your automotive problem. Please remember, I cannot see, hear or feel your vehicle which can make diagnosing very complicated and some vehicle require extensive diagnotics that require certain diagnostics computers that can not be done over a computer or phone.Please be patient as I am not online 24 hours a day, as I do work, but I do check my page every day.A positive rating is always appreciated for my time and knowledge to help you with your problem

There is a good chance your heater core is blocked. These ford taurus's are extremely common for the heater cores geting blocked.

A good way to tell is with the "engine hot" grab the heater hoses, they should be both hot abd the exact same temperture. IF one is hot and the other is cold than you will have to replace the core or try flushing it.

IF you want to try and flush it, remove both heater hoses, flush with a garden hose both ways back and forth in opposite directions to dislodge any gunk in there. you will notice the flow increase with more fflushing. IF it only gets warmer and is so plugged than it will have to be replaced.

IF there is no blocked heater core and you are sure that the blend door actuator is working then you might have broken door and the only way to inspect it is to remove the box assembly.

but i would start with a core flush

thanks ans i appreciatte any positive ratings!

hi ther,

just wondering how your repair went!?

cam