Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford Taurus 2002, turn the key to on. Lights on instrument

Customer Question

Ford Taurus 2002, turn the key to on. Lights on instrument panel light up. When key is turned to start all instrument light go out, no start no sound at all. About one minute later after turning key off or to the start (the first key location after off) power returns. Removed the battery and starter to have them tested, tested good. I checked the fuses under the hood with my ohm meter. Can you please help?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like an ignition switch issue. Have you replaced the electrical part of the ignition switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replace the switch delete starter switch it did not help at all I talked with a friend of 50 ground wires I replace the ground wire and clean the ground wires and check the connection after cleaning it started up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cleaned the ground wires connection to the cab , to the motor and frame after checking continuity. The car started.