A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

2010 ford fusion, 117,000 miles I was driving about 65 mph

Customer Question

2010 ford fusion, 117,000 miles I was driving about 65 mph when all of a sudden I noticed my wrench light illuminated immediately then the car started to lose power and deaccelerate... any idea what this could be. Thanks.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

More then likely it is the throttle body. But Ford does have an extended warranty on some vehicles. I need your VIN# ***** mileage to make sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
exact mileage: 117,775
vin #: 3FAHP0HAIAR247773
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Great news. The throttle body on your Fusion has the extended coverage for 10 years from warranty start date or 150,000 miles, what ever comes first. The recall is 13N03. Below is the Ford OASIS printout we get at the dealership on every vehicle that is written up for service and below is also a owner letter you can print out and take with you to the dealership of your choice.

Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Try this link below.

Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Try this link for the owner letter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats a relief.
so does that mean that the car is ok to drive.the reason I'm asking is because as soon as the wrench light came on and the car started to deaccerlerate, I immediately pulled over and turned the ignition key OFF... I havent restarted the car since then..
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

It should be ok till the problem returns, which is could. Sometimes turning the key off and restarting the engine clears the problem till it returns.