Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 95 f350 powerstroke srw 4x4 I rewired it after a

Customer Question

I have a 95 f350 powerstroke srw 4x4 I rewired it after a wire fire inside the cab. (Wiring from. 95 f350 powerstroke 2wd drw ambulance I have no speedo no odometer the abs light is on and od off is flashing and it shifts very hard. This is also the second wiring harness I have put in the first was out of a 97powerstroke it didn't work I also replaced the vss yesterday still dose it but not as bad
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

All the issues are related to the speed signal getting to the instrument cluster and back out.

Can you raise the rear tires off the ground and remove the instrument cluster?

Start the truck and let it idle in drive.

Unplug the VSS sensor on the rear axle

Use a meter to test for AC voltage produced by the sensor across both pins.

At the RABS module, data link connector, and instrument cluster PSOM you should get the exact same reading with the sensor plugged in on the light green/black and red/pink wires.

If you do not get the same reading then there is a wire issue.

Can you get to this point?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.