Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Can I send you a pic of my problem

Customer Question

Can I send you a pic of my problem
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

What is the year, make, model, engne of vehicle?

Can you describe the issue?

Yes, you can send a pic of the concern by using the paperclip above the chat box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2002 5.4 expedition. Coolent leak
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get the "cross pipe" out to replace the gasket. I am new to this format so please bear with me
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

It's siliconed in most likely. Have you tried gently prying up on the housing to separate? From the pic, you already removed the bolts so the only thin holding it in place is the gasket maker aka silicone or the gasket itself. all that is left it prying it up.

Then scrape the old gasket off, install a new one or just use silicone gasket maker and reinstall. I don;t see any cracks in the housing in the picture. It looks like it was just leaking at the gasket.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a better view
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell by the pic if the casting is only mounted with 3 bolts?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Has it been replaced before? Otherwise, the 9 bolts on the intake manifold will need to come off in order to pull it off.

The pic looks like it was replaced before, but it is hard to tell.

CLICK HERE