Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

F-350 diesel going down ghway all of sudden reduced power

Customer Question

F-350 diesel going down highway all of sudden reduced power and reduced engine power came on
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Does the vehicle run strange or is it smoking in any way? If not, then most likely the dpf filter is giving you issues and the vehicle will need to be taken to a shop to be scanned to see what the issue is.

It may just be a simple dpf filter cleaning needed or it could be worse. With this model and year when the engine goes to limp mode, it really needs to be scanned to see what is going on. There are so many sensors on this engine and one hiccup can cause a derate with no mechanical issue at all.

A lot of times, your local parts store scanners can pull the codes up on these vehciles and they are free. Your local Midas can do a check engine scan for free right now as well. AAMCO might still do a free check engine check. They advertise it often. It is cheaper than paying Ford for a 1 hour diagnostic to do the same thing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this. Do you still need assistance?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?