Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 2007 f250 6 litre diesel. Installed egr delete,

Customer Question

I have a 2007 f250 6 litre diesel. Installed egr delete, replaced oil cooler and installed fuel pressure blue spring upgrade. Wouldn't start. Replaced ipr valve and it ran for about 20 minutes and died. Fired up again ran for a few minutes and died again. Next morning after a bit of cranking it started again and ran for almost half hour and died again and won't start
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

When the EGR delete was done, were the wires crossed over or a kit installed to bypass the EGR read on the engine? or was the ECM tuned to remove the need for the EGR? I want to ask that first to get rid of the concern of the engine trying to read for an EGR that is no longer present and cutting the truck off.

Can you get the IPR reading by chance with a scanner or a tuner? If so, what is the reading at cranking and when the truck does eventually run?

Dis you upgrade the injectors and change the o-rings ans seals on the engine when the delete was done? If not, you might have a seal leak for the EGR delete will put more pressure in the engine and cause a worn o-ring/injector seal to come apart. That is why when I do a delete, I replace the seals with a better seal and ad 5 lbs to the injector hold down to eliminate the lifting of the injectors from the extra pressure in the engine.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this. Did you still need assistance?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?